Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Thank Heaven For Small Inconveniences

Thanks to school and a three-hour shift at work, I didn't get to watch last night's game against Toronto (though I may not be so lucky tonight) and perhaps it was for a good reason. Apparently, our boys were blanked 3-0. John Tavares had only three shots on goal, the other three lines couldn't help the top line out (shocker), and Evgeni Nabokov was burned for three goals, two of which came from a man named Matthew Lombardi (whom I know very little of) and the other from Phil Kessel (whom I know too much of). Joy.

All I have to say is, whatever happened last night... it needs to UN-happen tonight. And that begins with given the top line shorter shifts, for heaven's sake. If Twitter can be believed, the average shifts for Moulson and Tavares were 1:03?????? How do you expect these guys to perform at top notch if you're killing them with ice time? They aren't superheroes, after all. My goodness.

Okay, that's all for now. Back half of the home-and-home tonight. May the hockey gods grant us strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment