Monday, August 22, 2011

Potential Third Jersey: Don't Waste Your Money

There's been an awful lot of buzz lately over the Islanders' potential new third jersey and what it will look like. While nothing has come from the Isles org specifically, we do have a bit of speculation- and it's not pretty.

I first heard about the third jerseys a few months ago, while I was still in school. A guy in my Broadcasting class who is a hockey buff (and whom I happened to harbor a crush on- just slightly) told me, and then shared a link on my Facebook wall earlier this summer. Now, other bloggers like Puck Daddy and Islesblogger have picked up on it.

I would include pics, but I don't want to get cited for infringement, so I won't. But at any rate, there are links and images in both spots, and all I have to say is that I am not amused, Isles. Not. Amused. I know it's still a trend to have three jerseys, but... black? Really? Black isn't even in our team colors. Plus, it looks like an awful knockoff of a college jersey- no familiar crest, no real logo other than "ISLANDERS" in blue and orange. No. Not buying it.

So, it's safe to say I'm hoping these designs either ARE just a rumor or will not be approved by the organization. The retro blues are just fine for me. Keep your third jerseys to yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment